Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Eclipse Europa is coming!

An annual release of Eclipse is coming soon! The release includes 21 projects.
The Next Total Eclipse
Eclipse is the leading platform for tools I think, but sometimes it seems too heavyweight to me. Lately I tried to download all the Eclipse projects and while running the Eclipse instance I was getting OutOfMemoryError all the time. It seems that for every programming purpose I should have a separate Eclipse instance to avoid the memory problems: one instance for JEE development, one - for BIRT reporting, one - with CDT installed. In other words keep the configuration of current instance minimal.
Here's another interesting blog entry about Eclipse platform at Application Platform Strategies Blog

No comments:

Disqus for Code Impossible